The Quinte Coordinating Committee Against Violence (QCCAV), is an amalgamation of the Coordinating Committee Against Sexual Violence and the Coordinating Committee Against Domestic Violence (est. early 1980's). QCCAV is a group of individuals representing various agencies in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
- Promote education, training and awareness surrounding sexual/domestic violence
- Encourage active engagement with other community partners in the development of a coordinated approach to domestic/sexual violence
- Provide a forum for information sharing, process review, barrier identification and problem solving with the focus on persons who are victims/survivors of domestic/sexual violence.
- Understand and respect the roles, responsibilities, limitations and practices of our community partners
- Facilitate joint/cross-sectoral training
The Quinte Coordinating Committee Against Violence works to promote individual and community awareness of issues relating to sexual and domestic violence. The Committee also works to coordinate a community-wide response aimed at eradicating violence through education and advocacy for effective intervention and therapeutic services in the Quinte area. The Committee works to address issues relating to the needs of the child, adolescent and adult victims/survivors, their children, significant others and perpetrators of violence.
we would like to introduce you to a few of our community partners...